Coillte Millennium Forest
The Coillte woodlands in Camolin Park were originally part of the Mountnorris estate and contained an impressive country house and stables. The house burned down in 1906 and in 1908 the property was purchased by The Land Commission and turned over to the Forestry Service.
To celebrate the millennium Coillte designated an area in the west of Camolin Park as a Millennium Forest. This was one of a number of such plantations around the country and within these forests a tree was planted for every family in state. There are numerous tranquil walks within the park and a large variety of flora & fauna can be seen.