St. Columba’s Church

  The foundation stone for the existing St. Columba‚Äôs church was laid in 1872 and the church was originally dedicated to St. Joseph by Rev. Dr. Furlong, Bishop of Ferns, the following year. At some later stage the church was re-dedicated to St. Columba. A thatched church on an adjoining site is reputed to have … Continue reading St. Columba’s Church